Certification for Personal Agility?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

Yvonne W
11/07/2017 4:16 pm  

Hi Peter

Do you have a 'normal' mail address I can use to email you?

ReplyQuote
Peter Stevens
Author
11/07/2017 4:32 pm  

Hey Yvonne, yes I do. I just mailed it to you. As alternative, you can use my contact form. We'll add a contact link on this website as well!

ReplyQuote
Peter Stevens
Author
11/07/2017 5:28 pm  

Thank you George! Right now, I am mostly thinking about the entry level badge, though I agree, the next levels will need to follow.

The feedback on this thread has been amazingly helpful. On the one hand, I think people see the value in some sort of badge, especially for people who have a role passing the torch, that is teaching, coaching and recognizing others. On the other hand, people don't want a system they perceive as extracting value from them without bringing value in return. I also heard people express an appreciation for the value of actual coaching with someone who knows what they are doing. I did not hear much enthusiasm for multiple choices tests.

My idea of a Teal organization is that it generates value for everybody involved, but does not extract value from anyone. I'd like Personal Agility to fit that definition as well.

I am believe the badge should recognize something that is concrete and true without imposing an arbitrary expiration date. "On this day, a recognized coach checked how this person is doing Personal Agility and found that that person met the requirements for being considered a recognized practitioner..." That statement is true forever. It doesn't become false at some arbitrary date in the future.

Is that person still doing Personal Agility the day after you were recognized? No way to tell. If that person were recognized 3 months, 6 months, a year, five years ago... is that recent enough to list it as credential on your resume? As with many things in coaching, I think the answer is, "it depends." I don't think that I can answer that question for every case. 

What we can do is put a "vintage" on your recognition. Say someone was recognized in 2017. That will still true be in 2019, but they might prefer a badge that says they were recognized in 2019. And so the choice is open.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev

Working

Please Login or Register