Notifications
Clear all

What are the 6 questions of Personal Agility?

7 Posts
6 Users
12 Likes
Peter Stevens
(@peterstev)
Estimable Member Admin
Topic starter

As Maria and I discussed the criteria for recognition as a practitioner, one thing became clear: the heart of personal agility is the 6 questions that you ask yourself in the celebrate and choose event. What exactly are those questions?  I have written them down in several places, so here they are in place:

1. What really matters? -- This provides context for answering the other questions.
  2. What did I get done this week? -- Celebrate it and feel good about yourself (even if what you did was different that what you had planned last week)!
  3. What could I do this week? -- Keep you to-do’s in a place you will see them again.
  4. Of those things, which are important and which are urgent? - Triage against what really matters.
  5. Of the urgent and important things, what do I want to do this week? -- Take only as much as you think you actually get done. 
  6. Who can help? -- The question and the answer can both help you get unstuck. That person might be helpful too!

The first five questions help you figure what you want to be doing -- guided by what really matters -- and the sixth is to help you get unstuck when something is difficult. Your Priorities Map helps you visualize the answers to those questions. So Your Priorities Map is an attractor, your friend who helps you stay on course and reminds you where you wanted to go if you get blown off course. 

P.S. We are beta testing the recognition process now. Please let me know of you are interested in being recognized as a practitioner of Personal Agility.

Posted : 24/09/2017 1:26 pm

"*" indicates required fields

Name*
Hidden
Hidden
Hidden